Taken from Teaching Given by Mati Shoshani
My wife and I went out on a date recently to visit a local vineyard here in the hills of Judea. I looked at the beautiful terraces with the rows of vines. The guide told us that 100 years ago there was nothing here but thorns and weeds. I thought of the prophecy:
I will restore the captivity of My people Israel and they will build the desolate cities and dwell in them, and they will plant vineyards and drink their wine… – Amos 9:14
I realized we were living out a partial fulfillment of the vision that Amos had almost 3,000 years ago, when he looked into the future and saw what we see today. Everything around us is a miracle; everything about life in Israel is a fulfillment of prophecy; everything is a stage of the coming of the kingdom of God. We have a part to play in the kingdom in our generation.
How does the Kingdom of God work?
- Yeshua is the King.
- The kingdom is two-dimensional, both heaven and earth.
- It is gradual, increasing in stages over thousands of years.
- Everything in this world can be part of the kingdom if we dedicate it to serve God.
- We as followers of Yeshua are the citizens or “children” of the kingdom.
- We have ownership and authority in that kingdom.
- We therefore have responsibility to promote and usher in Yeshua’s kingdom.
The kingdom started before Yeshua was born. We are part of the process of that kingdom gradually taking dominion over planet earth. The last stage of that process will be:
The kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah. – Revelation 11:15
We have a part to play in that kingdom both individually and collectively. The kingdom of God is not separate from the things of this world. If Yeshua lives inside of us, then His kingdom is inside of us. We stand in the gap to influence this world and to bring Yeshua’s dominion into the world through everything we do in every sphere of life.