Yeshua’s foundational teaching on the end times is found in all three synoptic gospels (Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21). He summarizes and interprets the teachings of all the Israelite Prophets. The Apostles based their writings on the subject from what Yeshua taught.
In Matthew 24, Yeshua spoke twice (v. 31, 40) about a supernatural event in which believers will be lifted into the air by angels (Rapture). In addition, the Scriptures speak of a horrible time of trouble (Tribulation), in which:
- Evil will be exposed
- Believers will be purified
- Miraculous revival will take place.
Some teach that believers will be lifted up by the angels before this time of difficulty, or in the middle of it. However, no verses point to a “pre” or “mid” tribulation rapture; all verses clearly describe this event as taking place “afterwards.”
- Yeshua taught that we have to “endure until the end.” (Matthew 24:13)
- Some will have to “flee into the mountains.” (verse 16) There is no reason to flee if you are not there!
- God will “shorten the days for the sake of the chosen” (verse 22). He shortens the time of the end for the saints; He does not remove them before the end.
- Yeshua warns the believers “not to be deceived” or “fearful” during this time (verses 4, 5, 25). That would make no sense if we are not here.
- The time of the angels coming will clearly happen “after the Tribulation of those days.” (Matthew 24:29, Mark 13:24) Only “then” (verse 30) will the Second Coming and Rapture take place.
- Yeshua compared the event to Noah’s flood, which took place “on the day” that Noah entered, not beforehand (Matthew 24:38).
- Yeshua similarly compared it to the destruction of Sodom, which happened “on the day that Lot went out.” (Luke 17:29). – Not a moment earlier.
Let’s be prepared and victorious in the end times!